Am I living for eternity? - Part 2

So when Judas had left, Jesus said, “Now is [the time for] the Son of Man [to be] glorified, and God is glorified in Him; [if God is glorified in Him,] God will also glorify Him (the Son) in Himself, and will glorify Him at once. Little children, I am with you [only] a little longer. You will look for Me and, as I told the Jews, so I tell you now, ‘Where I am going, you are not able to come.’ I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too are to love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you have love and unselfish concern for one another.” - John 13:31-35 (Amplified Bible)

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. - C. S. Lewis

With Judas gone, the final events were set in motion. Rather than looking at the agony of the cross, Jesus looked past the cross anticipating the glory that He would have with the Father when it was over. After indicating He was about to leave, Jesus specified what He expected of the disciples after His departure. Love is to serve as the distinguishing characteristic of discipleship. - John MacArthur

When Jesus had spoken these things, He raised His eyes to heaven [in prayer] and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify You. Just as You have given Him power authority over all mankind, [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him [to be His—permanently and forever]. Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true [supreme and sovereign] God, and [in the same manner know] Jesus [as the] Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You [down here] on the earth by completing the work that You gave Me to do. Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory majesty that I had with You before the world existed. - John 17:1-5 (Amplified Bible)

Am I glorifying God by executing the work that He has given me to do on this earth?

What are my objectives in this life in the light of eternity?

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who by faith have testified to the truth of God’s absolute faithfulness], stripping off every unnecessary weight and the sin which so easily and cleverly entangles us, let us run with endurance and active persistence the race that is set before us, [looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work]. - Hebrews 12:1-2 (Amplified Bible)

Any temporal possession can be turned into everlasting wealth. Whatever is given to Christ is immediately touched with immortality. - A. W. Tozer

Be Encouraged to run the race, a faith-filled life, with your eyes firmly fixed on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of your faith.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2