Are my motives pure?

If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don’t cover up the truth with boasting and lying. For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness. - James 3:13-18 (NLT)


The heart is what you are, in the secrecy of your thought and feeling, when nobody knows but God. And what you are at the invisible root matters as much to God as what your are at the visible branch. So the heart is utterly crucial to Jesus. What we are in the deep, private recesses of our lives is what he cares about most. Jesus did not come into the world simply because we have some bad habits that need to be broken. He came into the world because we have such dirty hearts that need to be purified. - John Piper

The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7b (NLT)

Who may climb the mountain of the Lord and enter where he lives? Who may stand before the Lord? Only those with pure hands and hearts, who do not practice dishonesty and lying. - Psalm 24:3-4 (Living Bible)

Pray, then, in this way:
Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread. 
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen - Matthew 6:9-13

I cannot say ‘our’ if I live only for myself in a spiritually watertight compartment. 
I cannot say ‘Father’ if I do not endeavor each day to act like His child. 
I cannot say 'who art in heaven' if I am laying up no treasure there. 
I cannot say 'hallowed be Thy name' if I am not striving for holiness. 
I cannot say 'Thy kingdom come' if I am not doing all in my power to hasten that wonderful event. 
I cannot say ‘Thy will be done’ if I am disobedient to His Word. 
I cannot say ‘on earth as it is in heaven’ if I’ll not serve Him here and now. 
I cannot say ‘give us this day our daily bread’ if I am dishonest, or if I am seeking things by subterfuge.
I cannot say ‘forgive us our debts’ if I harbor a grudge against anyone. 
I cannot say ‘lead us not into temptation’ if I deliberately place myself in its path. 
I cannot say ‘deliver us from evil’ if I do not put on the whole armor of God. 
I cannot say ‘Thine is the kingdom’ if I do not give to the King my loyalty as a faithful subject.
I cannot attribute to Him the 'power' if I fear what men may do. 
I cannot ascribe to Him the 'glory' if I’m seeking honor only for myself.
I cannot say ‘forever’ if the horizon of my life is bounded completely by time. - Anonymous

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. - Psalm 19:14 (NLT)

Be Encouraged to sensitize your heart to the Holy Spirit.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2