Who chose whom?

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. - Ephesians 1:3-8 (NLT)


I sought the Lord and afterwards knew
He moved my soul to seek Him seeking me.
It was not that I found O Savior true.
No, I was found by Thee.- Jean Ingelow

When you think about your salvation, there’s only one direction you can go with your thanksgiving, and that’s toward God. He chose us in Christ before the world was made. So, it’s all of His will, it’s all of His purpose. It has nothing to do with us, and it’s all for His glory. He, then, predestined us through Christ purely on the basis of His love for His own good pleasure, based solely on His will to make us His children for His glory. And then, He graced us, which means there was no merit on our part. It wasn’t 99 percent God and 1 percent us. It wasn’t 99.9 percent God and 0.1 percent us. It was all God and none of us. It was freely given, He says. Freely given. And that brings all the praise and all the glory to Him. He redeemed us; that is, He provided for and paid the price for our sins, and granted to us freedom from bondage, and sin, and death according to the riches of His unmerited grace, which gives Him all the glory. And then He forgave us. Having paid the price He then freely forgave us all our sins based on nothing which we had done. Again giving Himself all the glory, all the praise. - John MacArthur

But even though we were dead in our sins God, who is rich in mercy, because of the great love he had for us, gave us life together with Christ—it is, remember, by grace and not by achievement that you are saved—and has lifted us right out of the old life to take our place with him in Christ in the Heavens. Thus he shows for all time the tremendous generosity of the grace and kindness he has expressed towards us in Christ Jesus. It was nothing you could or did achieve—it was God’s gift to you. No one can pride himself upon earning the love of God. The fact is that what we are we owe to the hand of God upon us. We are born afresh in Christ, and born to do those good deeds which God planned for us to do. - Ephesians 2:4-10 (Phillips)

Hope in Christ, believing the gospel, that’s our part. Well, you say, “Wait a minute; you just said that it was all God.” Well, that’s our response to the work of God, but listen carefully. Even that is generated by God. Even that is generated by God, for by grace are you saved through faith. Even that is not of yourselves, but it is the, what? Gift of God. It is God who gives you the power to hope in Christ. It is God who opens your ears to hear the message of the truth, to hear the gospel of salvation and believe. That, too, is a gift. - John MacArthur

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. Now this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.” - John 6:37-40 (LSB)

You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. - John 15:16 (NASB)

We must not think that God does a thing because it’s good and right, but rather is the thing good and right because God wills it and works it. - William Perkins

My Hope is in the Lord,
who gave Himself for me
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

No merit of my own
His anger to suppress,
My only hope is found in Jesus' righteousness.

And now for me He stands
Before the Father's throne;
He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.

His grace has planned it all,
'Tis mine but to believe
And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.

For me He died; For me He lives,
And everlasting life and light He freely gives. - Norman Clayton

Be Encouraged to recognize His work of love and Christ receive.
-Jeffrey Thornton 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2