What are my life objectives?

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 (NLT)

And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of him during your time here as "temporary residents." For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid with mere gold or silver, which lose their value. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but now, in these last days, he has been revealed for your sake. Through Christ, you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory. - 1Peter 1:17-21 (NLT)

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then, you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. - Romans 12:1-2 (NLT)

As a transformed follower of Jesus Christ, what are the three primary objectives of my life?

Objective #1 - To know Jesus Christ

But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death - Philippians 3:7-10 (NASB)

What makes life worthwhile is having a big enough objective, something which catches our imagination and lays hold of our allegiance, and this the Christian has in a way that no other person has. For what higher, more exalted, and more compelling goal can there be than to know God? - J.I. Packer, Knowing God

Objective #1 is common to all transformed followers of Christ. The remaining objectives will be specific to the individual believer and will be identified through the study of His Word, the sensitivity to His Spirit, and our obedience to His will. Be encouraged to align your life objectives with His will.

Objective #2 -

Objective #3 -

God has a will for your life; we know that. If God has a will for your life, He wants you to know it; that's obvious. And if He wants you to know it, then be sure of this: He didn't hide it. It's not tucked obscurely under some convoluted interpretation of Scripture. It's not left to some transcendental experience of intuition. It's not dependent upon some private, personal angelic delivery. It's not even dependent upon some serendipitous coincidence. If God has a will, and He does; if He wants you to know it, and He does; and He holds you responsible for it, and He does, then you can be sure He didn't hide it. He would place it in the most obvious placeand the most obvious place would be His Word. You can know the will of God for your life from Scripture, and it's unmistakable, absolutely unmistakable. - John MacArthur

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. - Psalm 143:10 (NLT)

Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Thou art the potter,
I am the clay.
Mold me and make me
after thy will,
while I am waiting,
yielded and still.

Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Search me and try me,
Savior today!
Wash me just now, Lord,
wash me just now,
as in thy presence
humbly I bow.

Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Wounded and weary,
help me I pray!
Power, all power,
surely is thine!
Touch me and heal me,
Savior divine!

Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Hold o'er my being
absolute sway.
Fill with thy Spirit
till all shall see
Christ only, always,
living in me! - Adelaide Pollard

Be Encouraged to align your life objectives to His will by studying His Word and listening to His Spirit.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2