Is my hope in the Lord?

Rejoice in hope.
Be patient in tribulation.
Be constant in prayer. - Romans 12:12 (ESV)


Rejoice in hope.


Now, may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13 (NASB)


For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. - Jeremiah 29:11 (NASB)


Choose to view life through God's eyes. This will not be easy because it doesn't come naturally to us. We cannot do this on our own. We have to allow God to elevate our vantage point. Start by reading His Word, the Bible...Pray and ask God to transform your thinking. Let Him do what you cannot. Ask Him to give you an eternal, divine perspective. - Charles Swindoll 


Be patient in tribulation.


Do not fret because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers. For they will wither quickly like the grass and fade like the green herb. Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. For evildoers will be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land. - Psalm 37:1-5,7,9 (NASB)


Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies [who lie in wait].

Wait for and confidently expect the Lord;

Be strong and let your heart take courage;

Yes, wait for and confidently expect the Lord. - Psalm 27:11,14


The dark moments of our life will last only so long as is necessary for God to accomplish His purpose in us. - Charles Stanley 


Be constant in prayer.


Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:12-13


Rejoice always and delight in your faith; be unceasing and persistent in prayer; in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (Amplified Bible)


All that God does is for His glory first and for our benefit second. We pray because God commands us to pray, because it glorifies Him, and because it benefits us. - R. C. Sproul 


My Hope is in the Lord,

Who gave Himself for me

And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.


No merit of my own

His anger to suppress,

My only hope is found in Jesus' righteousness.


And now for me He stands

Before the Father's throne;

He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.


His grace has planned it all,

'Tis mine but to believe

And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.


For me He died;

For me He lives,

And everlasting life and light He freely gives. - Norman Clayton


Be Encouraged to place your hope in the Lord.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2