What is my hope?

All honor to God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for it is his boundless mercy that has given us the privilege of being born again so that we are now members of God's own family. Now, we live in the Hope of eternal life because Christ rose again from the dead. And God has reserved for his children the priceless gift of eternal life; it is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And God, in his mighty power, will make sure that you get there safely to receive it because you are trusting him. It will be yours on that coming last day for all to see. So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here. - 1 Peter 1:3-6 (Living Bible)

God has sent me to help his Church and to tell his secret plan to you Gentiles. He has kept this secret for centuries and generations past, but now, at last, it has pleased him to tell it to those who love him and live for him, and the riches and glory of his plan are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ in your hearts is your only Hope of glory. - Colossians 1:25-27 (Living Bible)

Do you believe that Christ is in you?

Is Christ my only Hope?

Do my daily actions and decisions validate that Christ is my only Hope?


Hope means confident optimism, and our living hope as transformed followers of Jesus Christ is eternal life as defined by the following:

1. It comes from God.

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again—my Savior and my God! - Psalm 43:5 (NLT)

2. It is a gift of grace.

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word. - 2Thessalonians 2:16-17 (NASB)

3. Is defined by Scripture.

Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled. - Romans 15:4 (NLT)

4. Is a reasonable reality.

But in your hearts, set Christ apart [as holy—acknowledging Him, giving Him first place in your lives] as Lord. Always be ready to give a [logical] defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope and confident assurance [elicited by faith] that is within you, yet [do it] with gentleness and respect. 1Peter 3:15 (Amplified Bible)

5. Is secured by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Jesus said to her, "I am the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, relies on) Me [as Savior] will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me [as Savior] will never die. Do you believe this?" - John 11:25-26 (Amplified Bible)

6. Is confirmed in the Christian by the Holy Spirit.

Now may the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13 (NASB)

7. Defends the Christian against Satan's attacks.

But since we [believers] belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope and confident assurance of salvation. 1Thessalonians 5:8 (Amplified Bible)

8. Is confirmed through trials.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. - Romans 5:3-4 (NLT)

9. Produces joy

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, Whose hope is in the Lord his God. - Psalm 146:5 (NASB)

10. Is fulfilled in Christ's return.

while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people - Titus 2:13-14a (NLT)

My Hope is in the Lord,
who gave Himself for me
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary

No merit of my own
His anger to suppress,
My only Hope is found in Jesus' righteousness

And now for me He stands
Before the Father's throne;
He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.

His grace has planned it all,
'Tis mine but to believe
And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.

For me He died; For me He lives,
And everlasting life and light He freely gives. - Norman Clayton

Be Encouraged to replace hope in me with hope in Thee.

- Jeffrey Thornton 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2