Am I deceived?

You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow, and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day, many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.' Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise, and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn't obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come, and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash. When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority—quite unlike their teachers of religious law. - Matthew 7:13,14,21-29 (NLT)


For those whom He foreknew [and loved and chose beforehand], He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son [and ultimately share in His complete sanctification], so that He would be the firstborn [the most beloved and honored] among many believers. And those whom He predestined, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified [declared free of the guilt of sin]; and those whom He justified, He also glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity]. - Romans 8:29-30 (Amplified Bible)


God's providence in anything is finally and decisively governed not by man's will or exertion but by his own self-determining will. He is free. He is who he is—not what others make him. And he does what he does—not what others constrain him to do. In this freedom, he is never unjust, for he never treats anyone worse than they deserve. And his grace is always free, absolutely free. This is the name he aims to glorify. His name—his essential character—is that he is the God who saves for his own sake, that is, for the glory of his grace. - John Piper, Providence


So get rid of all uncleanness, and all that remains of wickedness, and with a humble spirit receive the word [of God] which is implanted [actually rooted in your heart], which is able to save your souls. But prove yourselves, doers of the word [actively and continually obeying God's precepts], and not merely listeners [who hear the word but fail to internalize its meaning], deluding yourselves [by unsound reasoning contrary to the truth]. For if anyone only listens to the word without obeying it, he is like a man who looks very carefully at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he immediately forgets what he looked like. But he who looks carefully into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and faithfully abides by it, not having become a [careless] listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he will be blessed and favored by God in what he does [in his life of obedience]. - James 1:21-25 (Amplified Bible)


Is God's Word a daily priority in my life?


Are my daily actions in alignment with His Word?


Is Jesus the Lord of my life to whom I surrender all, or the genie in the lamp to grant me my wishes?


Am I sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit?


You call me the "Way" and walk me not.You call me the "Life" and live me not.You call me "Master" and obey me not.If I condemn thee, blame me not.You call me "Bread" and eat me not.You call me "Truth" and believe me not.You call me "Lord" and serve me not.If I condemn thee, blame me not.-Geoffrey O'HaraOur lives are not the haphazard results of the moving of blind chance nor the throwing down of cosmic dice. All that comes to pass in our lives is according to the perfect eternal plan of the all Wise, all Powerful and all Loving Father. The fact that a man has been chosen according to God’s eternal purpose, immediately surrounds him with the protective care of the Holy Spirit. Nothing can touch the man unless it has passed through the approved process of the will of God. No situation that comes to you can overpower you in Christ. - Dr. Donald Gray BarnhouseFor it is by grace [God’s remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you have been saved [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God; not as a result of [your] works [nor your attempts to keep the Law], so that no one will [be able to] boast or take credit in any way [for his salvation]. - Ephesians 2:8-9 (Amplified Bible)


When I survey the wondrous cross

on which the Prince of glory died,my richest gain I count but loss,and pour contempt on all my pride.Forbid it, Lord, that I should boastsave in the death of Christ, my God!All the vain things that charm me most,I sacrifice them through his blood.See, from his head, his hands, his feet,sorrow and love flow mingled down.Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,or thorns compose so rich a crown?Were the whole realm of nature mine,that were a present far too small.Love so amazing, so divine,demands my soul, my life, my all. - Isaac Watts


An awesome arrangement of this hymn: When I Survey the Wondrous Cross


Be Encouraged to yield ALL to Jesus.


-Jeffrey Thornton 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2