Is glorifying God my priority?

So be careful. If you are thinking, “Oh, I would never behave like that”—let this be a warning to you. For you too may fall into sin. But remember this—the wrong desires that come into your life aren’t anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it, for he has promised this and will do what he says. He will show you how to escape temptation’s power so that you can bear up patiently against it. So, dear friends, carefully avoid idol worship of every kind. - 1 Corinthians 10:12-14 (Living Bible)

In whatever man does without God, he must fail miserably, or succeed more miserably.
- George MacDonald

“And now, O priests, this commandment is for you.
If you will not hear,
And if you will not take it to heart,
To give glory to My name,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“I will send a curse upon you,
And I will curse your blessings.
Yes, I have cursed them already,
Because you do not take it to heart." - Malachi 2:1-2 (NKJV)


To take away blessings would be judgement enough; but for God to turn blessings into curses is a judgement terrible to consider. Imagine people being so blind to God’s will that they actually rejoice over things that will eventually destroy them! But when God's people stop glorifying Him, He must judge their sin. "For there is no partiality with God" (Romans 2:11). "The Lord will judge His people" (Heb.10:30). When individuals value the gift more than the Giver, the gift becomes an idol, and they start to worship and serve "the creature rather than the Creator". Idolatry means living on substitutes, and the God whose name is Jealous simply will not tolerate them. - Warren Wiersbe, The Integrity Crisis 

for you shall not worship any other god; for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous (impassioned) God [demanding what is rightfully and uniquely His] - Exodus 34:14 (Amplified Bible)

Is my daily conduct glorifying God and edifying others?


How can I ensure that I am glorifying God and edifying others in what I am doing?

1. Flee idolatry

Do my calendar and checkbook communicate that I value something more than God?

2. Sensitize your heart to the Holy Spirit through daily meditation on God’s Word.

Is the daily study of God's Word a priority in my life?

3. Be selfless in your conduct.

Do others perceive my conduct as self-serving or selfless?

So then, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of [our great] God. Do not offend Jews or Greeks or even the church of God [but live to honor Him]; just as I please everyone in all things [as much as possible adapting myself to the interests of others], not seeking my own benefit but that of the many, so that they [will be open to the message of salvation and] may be saved. - 1 Corinthians 10:31-33(Amplified Bible)

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
live in me from day to day,
by His love and pow'r controlling
all I do and say. - Kate Wilkerson

Be Encouraged to make glorifying God your all consuming desire!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2