Am I living victoriously?

For it was through reading the Scripture that I came to realize that I could never find God's favor by trying—and failing—to obey the laws. I came to realize that acceptance of God comes by believing in Christ. I have been crucified with Christ: and I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the real life I now have within this body is a result of my trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:19-20 (Living Bible)

"The fact of the indwelling Christ is the guarantee that all of the power which was put forth in raising Jesus Christ from the dead is now available to #1 keep down the power of death that is in us by nature and #2 to keep you victorious through the life that is the very life of Christ in His resurrection which is now ours." - Donald Gray Barnhouse

But just as it is written [in Scripture],
"Things which the eye has not seen and the ear has not heard,
And which have not entered the heart of man,
All that God has prepared for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, who obey Him, and who gratefully recognize the benefits that He has bestowed]."
For God has unveiled them and revealed them to us through the [Holy] Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things [diligently], even [sounding and measuring] the [profound] depths of God [the divine counsels and things far beyond human understanding]. - 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 (Amplified Bible)

He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we have done, but because of His own compassion and mercy, by the cleansing of the new birth (spiritual transformation, regeneration) and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out richly upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior, This is faithful and trustworthy saying; and concerning these things, I want you to speak with great confidence so that those who have believed God [that is, those who have trusted in, relied on, and accepted Christ Jesus as Savior,] will be careful to participate in doing good and honorable things. These things are excellent [in themselves] and profitable for the people. - Titus 3:5-6,8 (Amplified Bible)

"We concluded then that He speaks not of the last resurrection, which shall be in a moment, but of the continued working of the Holy Spirit, by which He gradually mortifies the relics of our flesh and renews in us the celestial life." "Let us not, then, read our text and cry out, "What a future lies before us!" Let us rather read it and say, "What a wonderful present is now ours to live!" "The life that I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the son of God. I am living a resurrection life now. I am living eternal life now. - John Calvin

Am I a soldier of the cross,
A follower of the Lamb?
And shall I fear to own His cause
Or blush to speak His name?

Must I be carried to the skies
On flowery beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize
And sailed through bloody seas?

Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
To help me on to God?

Sure, I must fight if I would reign:
Increase my courage, Lord;
I'll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy word.- Isaac Watts

Be Encouraged to live victoriously in this life by the power of the Holy Spirit as a soldier of the cross.

-Jeffrey Thornton 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2