Where's your mission field?

But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power to testify about me with great effect, to the people in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth, about my death and resurrection." - Acts 1:8 (Living Bible)

One definition of a witness is a public affirmation by word or example of religious faith or conviction. Sometimes our vision of a missionary is limited to those who travel to foreign countries to share the good news of Jesus Christ; however, your mission field actually begins in your own home and emanates to wherever the Sovereign God of the universe directs your path.

Every Christian is either a missionary or an imposter. - Charles Spurgeon

place of employment - it is not a job, it is a calling
golf league
school volunteer
on the phone with a service provider
while driving
caring for a loved one
waiting in line
on a hospital bed
while waiting for God's direction
...take a few minutes to consider other mission fields you may not have considered before.


What you do speaks so loudly that what you say I cannot hear. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do my daily actions align with my profession as a transformed follower of Jesus Christ?

Communication is not what I say, it is what others hear.

Do my daily interactions with others communicate genuine care and concern for their welfare or just to get what I want or need?

You can be right, or you can be rich, but you cannot be both.

Am I living my life for me or to help others?

What was my Role Model's example?

Out on the highways and byways of life,
Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
Making the sorrowing glad.

Tell the sweet story of Christ and his love,
Tell of his power to forgive;
Others will trust him if only you prove
True, every moment you live.

Give as 'twas given to you in your need,
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
Unto your mission be true.

Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing.
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray.
Make me a blessing to someone today. - Ira Wilson

Take a few minutes to re-read the words of this poignant hymn poem several times, pausing to digest fully the personal application of each phrase. Ask God to open your heart to those who will enter your mission field today.

Be Encouraged to execute life on your mission field with proper perspective.

- Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2