Am I a servant?

This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. - 1 Corinthians 4:1 (ESV)

We are all servants. The only question is whom we will serve. - R. C. Sproul

Whom do you serve?

I became a servant of this gospel through the gift of God's grace given to me through the working of his power. - Ephesians 3:7 (NIV)

Paul understood to execute what God had called Him to do, be a servant of Christ, could never be done in his own strength, but only through the working of His power. That power is supplied only as we align ourselves to the source by executing God's will, God's way.


1. God's power and our weakness.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

Am I willing to serve outside my comfort zone?


2. God's power and our prayer.

The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. - James 5:16b (NIV)

Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask, we receive from him because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. - 1 John 3:21-22 (ESV)

Am I praying without ceasing for God's will?


3. God's power and our faith

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20 (ESV)

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith." - Matthew 21:22 (ESV)

Am I living by faith?


4. God's power and our Bible

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NLT)

Am I reading God's Word daily?


So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. - 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NLT)


Two little lines I heard one day,
Traveling along life's busy way;
Bringing conviction to my heart,
And from my mind would not depart;

Only one life, twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

Only one life, yes, only one,
Soon will its fleeting hours be done;
Then, in 'that day' my Lord to meet,
And stand before His Judgement seat;

Only one life, twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.


Only one life, the still small voice,
Gently pleads for a better choice
Bidding me selfish aims to leave,
And to God's holy will to cleave;

Only one life, twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

Only one life, a few brief years,
Each with its burdens, hopes, and fears;
Each with its clays I must fulfill.
living for self or in His will;

Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

When this bright world would tempt me sore,
When Satan would a victory score;
When self would seek to have its way,
Then help me Lord with joy to say;

Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

Give me Father, a purpose deep,
In joy or sorrow Thy word to keep;
Faithful and true what e'er the strife,
Pleasing Thee in my daily life;

Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

Oh let my love with fervor burn,
And from the world now let me turn;
Living for Thee, and Thee alone,
Bringing Thee pleasure on Thy throne;

Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.

Only one life, yes only one,
Now let me say, "Thy will be done";
And when at last I'll hear the call,
I know I'll say "it was worth it all";

Only one life, will soon be past,\
Only what's done for Christ will last.

Only one life, will soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.
And when I am dying, how happy I'll be,
If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee. - C.T. Studd 

-Jeffrey Thornton 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2