Am I saved?

But God has opened the eyes of those called to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, to see that Christ is the mighty power of God to save them; Christ himself is the center of God's wise plan for their salvation. This so-called "foolish" plan of God is far wiser than the wisest plan of the wisest man, and God in his weakness—Christ dying on the cross—is far stronger than any man. - 1 Corinthians 1:24-25 (Living Bible)

Heaven can be entered only through the narrow gate! The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide enough for all the multitudes who choose its easy way. But the Gateway to Life is small, and the road is narrow, and only a few ever find it. - Matthew 7:13-14 (Living Bible)

All religions base their belief on how to enter heaven in one of two ways:

Human Achievement - a belief that humans can do enough good deeds, follow enough rules, give enough money, meditate on God enough, be a good enough person, go to church enough, etc., to enter heaven. This is the broad way that leads to hell.

Divine Accomplishment - a belief that only through our faith in the work of Jesus Christ's death on the cross as the only perfect sacrifice for sin, the imputed righteousness of Christ (Justification), is a person able to stand justified before a loving and just God who cannot tolerate sin. There is nothing that a human can do to "earn" heaven. Without the payment for sins through the only perfect sacrifice, Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, a person can never stand justified before a holy and just God and be allowed to enter heaven. This is the narrow gate that leads to heaven.

Can you point to a specific time in your life where you knelt before the Creator of heaven and earth and...

Confessed that you were a sinner,

Expressed heartfelt remorse for your sin,

Acknowledged Jesus Christ's death on the cross as the only acceptable payment for your sin,

Yielded full control of your life to execute His will,

Thanked Him for His ultimate sacrifice that provided imputed righteousness to allow you to stand sinless before Holy God,

Received the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit into your life to guide you in the execution of His will.


Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." - John 10:25-30 (ESV)


Open my eyes that I may see
glimpses of truth thou hast for me.
Place in my hands the wonderful key
that shall unclasp and set me free.
Silently now I wait for thee,
ready, my God, thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit divine! - Clara Scott

Be Encouraged to yield fully to God's will.

-Jeffrey Thornton 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2