Am I seeking God?

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:11-13 (ESV)

How tragic that we, on this dark day, have had our seeking done for us by our teachers. Everything is made to center upon the initial act of "accepting" Christ (a term, incidentally, which is not found in the Bible), and we are not expected thereafter to crave any further revelation of God to our souls. We have been snared in the coils of a spurious logic that insists that if we have found Him, we need no more seek Him. - AW Tozer 

And when you draw close to God, God will draw close to you. - James 4:8a (Living Bible)

The closer we are to God, the more the slightest sin will cause us deep sorrow. - RC Sproul

As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. - Psalm 42:1-2a (ESV)

Come near to the holy men and women of the past, and you will soon feel the heat of their desire after God. They mourned for Him, they prayed and wrestled and sought for Him day and night, in season and out, and when they had found Him, the finding was all the sweeter for the long seeking. Moses used the fact that he knew God as an argument for knowing Him better. "Now, therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, show me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight,"; and from there, he rose to make the daring request, "I beseech thee, show me thy glory." God was frankly pleased by this display of ardor and the next day called Moses into the mount, and there, in solemn procession, made all His glory pass before him. - AW Tozer 

But from there, you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. - Deuteronomy 4:29 (NKJV)

"Ask, and it will be given to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. The one who asks will always receive; the one who is searching will always find, and the door is opened to the man who knocks." - Matthew 7:7-8 (Phillips)

The more that God's Word is removed from our lives, the more inhibited our spiritual progress becomes. Nothing else can do the work that the truth does. There is no sanctifying power in human wisdom, intuition, insight, or experience. It is only in the Word of God. Only the truth revealed in Scripture sanctifies – sound teaching accurately interpreted, understood, and applied. As divine revelation is embraced, spiritual progress is made. There are no alternative routes to godly character and holy living. - John MacArthur 

Be Encouraged to seek God by studying His Word daily. 

-Jeffrey Thornton 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2