How can I know I'm saved? - Part 5

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16 (Living Bible)


People have always stumbled over the simplicity of salvation. That is why there are so many cults. Each one has a unique slant on the doctrine of salvation - and each one corrupts the simplicity of the gospel revealed in God's Word by espousing salvation by human works. Each one of the major cults claims to have a key that unlocks the secret of salvation. Yet, they all are alike in propagating self-righteous achievement as the way to God. From start to finish, God's Word disproves them all and in a wonderfully consistent way. Its message, woven through sixty-six books, written over a span of fifteen hundred years by more than forty different authors, is marvelously unified and congruous. The message is simply that God graciously saves repentant sinners who come to him in faith. There is no secret there, no mystery, no obscurity, and no complexity. - John MacArthur, The Gospel According to Jesus


For it is by grace [God's remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you have been saved [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God; not as a result of [your] works [nor your attempts to keep the Law], so that no one will [be able to] boast or take credit in any way [for his salvation]. - Ephesians 2:8-9 (Amplified Bible)


I stand amazed in the presence

  Of Jesus the Nazarene,

And wonder how He could love me,

  A sinner condemned, unclean.


For me it was in the garden,

  He prayed: "Not my will, but Thine."

He had no tears for His own griefs,

  But sweat-drops of blood for mine.


In pity angels beheld Him,

  And came from the world of light

To strengthen Him in the sorrows

  He bore for my soul that night.


He took my sins and my sorrows,

  He made them His very own;

He bore the burden to Calvary,

  And suffered, and died alone.


When with the ransomed in glory

  His face I at last shall see,

' Twill be my joy through the ages

  To sing of His love for me.


How marvelous! How wonderful!

  And my song shall ever be:

How marvelous! How wonderful!

    Is my Savior's love for me! - Charles Gabriel


https://youtu.be/ErXa4TfVc1w


Be Encouraged to believe and receive the marvelous, wonderful love of Jesus Christ.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2