How do I walk with God?

 Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction? - Amos 3:3 (NLT)

The physical act of walking with someone is not overly complex. There are only two variables in the equation, direction and speed. If two people agree to walk in the same direction at the same speed they will be walking together. It becomes more complex if they want to be mentally engaged with each other to communicate and mature in their relationship. That requires each person to be both physically and mentally present, sometimes referred to as "be where your feet are".When walking with the Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Sovereign, Immutable, Creator of the Universe, there is only one way. His way. And only one speed. His speed. His will, His way. His plan, His pace. Why, you may ask? Let's answer that question with His Word.
You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. - Psalm 139:2-5,16 (NLT)
He already knows the best way and the best timing for everything in your life.The purpose of walking with God is not so the two of you can figure out how to navigate the unknowns of your life. They are only unknown to you. He is Omniscient.The purpose is not so you can decide as a team which job I should take. He only provides the best. He is Immutable.The purpose is not to avoid all adversity in your life. He allowed whatever enters your life to draw you closer to Him. He is Sovereign.The purpose of walking with God is to get to know Him so well that you will understand the magnitude of His love for you, increase your faith, surrender all, and follow Him where ever He leads.
"I am preoccupied with me! I'm not even close to touching God. He's not on my mind. I am!" I cried out: "God, I don't know how to come to you. I need to know you, to sense your presence, to feel your love, more than anything else. But I don't know what to do. Every path I follow leads back to me. I must find the way to you! I know you're all I have. But I don't know you well enough for you to be all I need. Please let me find you." - Larry Crabb, Finding God

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do. - James 1:5-8 (NLT)
All to Jesus I surrender,All to Him I freely give;I will ever love and trust Him,In His presence daily live.All to Jesus I surrender,Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,Truly know that Thou art mine.All to Jesus I surrender,Lord, I give myself to Thee;Fill me with Thy love and power,Let Thy blessing fall on me.I surrender all, I surrender all;All to Thee, my blessed Savior,I surrender all. - Judson Van De VenterWhat do I need to surrender today in order to walk with God?Be Encouraged to surrender all and walk in His will, His way.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2