Do I know the one true God?

And without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. - Hebrews 11:6 (NASB)

Genuine faith does not simply believe that a divine being exists but that the God of Scripture is the only real and true God who exists. A person must believe not only that the true God exists but that He will reward faith in Him with forgiveness and righteousness because He has promised to do so. - John MacArthur

To walk with God as Enoch did, one must embrace the truth about God, His Word, and how to be justified before God.

There is only one true God.

Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’ - Isaiah 46:9-10 (NKJV)

Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” - Exodus 3:13-14 (NKJV)

There is only one way to heaven.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” - John 14:6-7 (ESV)

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. - John 6:44 (NKJV)

To enter heaven, one must repent and believe.

Jesus went to Galilee, preaching the good news of [the kingdom of] God and saying, “The [appointed period of] time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins, live your life in a way that proves repentance; seek God’s purpose for your life] and believe [with a deep, abiding trust] in the good news [regarding salvation].” - Mark 1:14b-15 (Amplified Bible)

Jesus made it very clear that to be justified before God and enter heaven, a person must repent and believe in the one true God. Repentance is more than just feeling sorry for your sin or the consequences of your sin. It is a complete change of mind and heart (metanoia) regarding how you view sin and your response to sin. In other words, true repentance is not just asking for forgiveness of my sin and then continuing to live the same way going forward. It includes a complete change of direction and behavior to turn from that sin, live according to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and grow in Christlikeness (sanctification). If you are truly repentant of your sin, others should see a change in your behavior as you pursue Christlikeness.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present you bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. - Romans 12:1-2 (NKJV)

Have I presented my body as a living sacrifice to God?

The entire Bible is the Word of God and is absolute truth.

All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately—behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, outfitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (Amplified Bible)

There is a big movement afoot that teaches that;
(1) not all of the Bible has been given to us by God.
(2) the Old Testament no longer applies.
(3) only certain portions of the New Testament apply.
(4) everything written by Paul the Apostle is not inspired and, therefore, no longer applies to the believer of the 21st century.
(5) only the “Red Letter Words” of Jesus apply to us, and you need not read the rest of the Bible.
These are all part of the Great Deception of the Last Days. - Jack Hibbs

Christian living depends on Christian learning; duty is always founded on doctrine. If Satan can keep a Christian ignorant, he can keep him impotent. - Dr. Warren Wiersbe

Be Encouraged to know God by studying the Word of God in order to Walk with God.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2