God is Sovereign over all

The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all. - Psalm 103:19 (NASB)

As we execute this life, we will face adversity. Some are self-inflicted, resulting from the consequences of our actions. Some are the result of living in a fallen world. But, regardless of the source of the adversity we face, we know that nothing touches the life of a believer that is not allowed by the Sovereign God of the universe to ultimately conform us to the likeness of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This is the process of progressive sanctification.


For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,

And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.

All the inhabitants of the earth are of no account,

But He does according to His will among the army of heaven

And among the inhabitants of the earth;

And no one can fend off His hand Or say to Him, ‘ What have You done?’ - Daniel 4:34b-35 (NASB)


This is what the Lord says: “ Let no wise man boast of his wisdom, nor let the mighty man boast of his might, nor a rich man boast of his riches; but let the one who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who exercises mercy, justice, and righteousness on the earth; for I delight in these things,” declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NASB)


The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord’s throne is in heaven; His eyes see, His eyelids test the sons of mankind. For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; The upright will see His face. - Psalm 11:4,7 (NASB)


Oh Lord, my God

When I, in awesome wonder

Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made

I see the stars; I hear the rolling thunder

Thy power throughout the universe displayed


Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee

How great Thou art, how great Thou art

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee

How great Thou art, how great Thou art - Carl Boberg


Be Encouraged to know that the Sovereign God of the universe holds you.

-Jeffrey Thornton 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2