Giving thanks to the Father...

Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. For He rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. - Colossians 1:12-14 (NASB)

God the Father qualifies us to share in the inheritance of heaven only through the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. Apart from the finished work of the Savior, all people who are born with a sinful nature would be qualified only to receive His wrath. This free gift of salvation and unmerited grace should cause our hearts to be overwhelmingly thankful.

Am I truly grateful to the Father for His plan in qualifying me to share in the inheritance of heaven?

How often do I communicate my thankfulness to Him in prayer?I will give thanks to You, for You have answered me, and You have become my salvation. - Psalm 118:21 (NASB)Oh, the depth of the riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? Or who has first given to Him, that it would be paid back to him? For from Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. - Romans 11:33-36 (NASB)And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. - John 17:3 (NASB)For nothing good have IWhere-by Thy grace to claim;I'll wash my garments whiteIn the blood of Calvary's Lamb.Jesus paid it all,All to Him I owe;Sin had left a crimson stain,He washed it white as snow. - Elvina HallThank you Lord for saving my soul,Thank you Lord for making me whole,Thank you Lord for giving to me,Thy great salvation so rich and free. - Seth Sykes

Be Encouraged to live in thankfulness to God for His unmerited grace shown to us every day and the promise of heaven.

- Jeff Thornton 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2