Am I pursuing Christlikeness?

Your hands have made me and established me; give me understanding and a teachable heart that I may learn Your commandments.- Psalm 119:73

Is the sincere desire of my heart to know the Sovereign God who created me and to execute His unique plan for my life?

May those who [reverently] fear You see me and be glad because I wait for Your word. - Psalm 119:74
Do other Christ-followers enjoy your company and find encouragement to pursue Christlikeness from their interactions with you?

I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are fair and that in faithfulness, You have disciplined me. 
- Psalm 119:75
Do I accept God's discipline with a contrite heart and proactively align with His will?

O may Your lovingkindness and graciousness comfort me, according to Your word (promise) to Your servant. Let Your compassion come to me that I may live, for Your law is my delight. - Psalm 119:76,77

Do I experience the peace that passes all understanding through faithful study and obedience to God's Word?

Let the arrogant be ashamed and humiliated, for they sabotage me with a lie, but I will meditate on Your precepts. - Psalm 119:78

Is the Sovereign God of the universe my default source of strength and wisdom in this life?

May those who fear You [with submissive wonder] turn to me, Even those who have known Your testimonies. Psalm 119:79

Do other Christ-followers seek my guidance and insight on life issues as they observe Christlikeness in my conduct and character?

May my heart be blameless in Your statutes, So that I will not be ashamed. - Psalm 119:80

Am I faithful to confess known sin, ask for forgiveness and commit to the pursuit of righteousness?


Press right home to your conscience the question,
"What do I have of the mind of Christ?"
Does my heart answer? Does my disposition correspond to the holy, meek, humble, forgiving, benevolent, patient, self-denying mind of Christ?
Do men who know the beauty and glory of the Original, as it is delineated on the page of the gospel, when they see me, say, "There is the image of Christ!"
Or do they look skeptically on and profess they can see little or no resemblance after standing in silence for some time?
Oh, be satisfied with nothing short of a copy of Christ's heart into yours! - John Angell James


O, to be like Thee! blessed Redeemer;
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I'll forfeit all of earth's treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear. 

O, to be like Thee! O, to be like Thee!
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart. - Thomas Chisholm

Be Encouraged to pursue Christlikeness with all your heart.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2