Am I fully yielded to God's will?

Then he said to them, "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me." And going a little farther, he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will." - Matthew 26:38-39 (ESV)

Jesus prayed this prayer three times in the Garden. His anguish had nothing to do with fear of men or the physical torments of the cross. He was sorrowful because, within hours, the full cup of divine fury against sin would be His to drink. Jesus willingly yielded to the fullness of divine wrath to pay the full price of sin. His cry of anguish on the cross reflects the extreme bitterness of the cup of wrath He was given. There was no other way for man to be saved from the eternal torments of hell apart from the only acceptable sacrifice for sin on the cross. Jesus, being fully God, yielded to the will of the Father. Upon accepting the gift of salvation, I, in following the example of Jesus, willingly surrender my will to the will of God.

Have I fully surrendered my will to the will of God?

For it was through reading the Scripture that I realized that I could never find God's favor by trying—and failing—to obey the laws. I came to realize that acceptance of God comes from believing in Christ. I have been crucified with Christ: and I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the real-life I now have within this body is a result of my trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:19-20 (Living Bible)

Thank you, Jesus, for the blood applied
Thank you, Jesus, it has washed me white
Thank you, Jesus; you have saved my life
Brought me from the darkness into glorious light - Charity Gayle

Your call will become clear as your mind is transformed by the reading of Scripture and the internal work of God's Spirit. The Lord never hides His will from us. In time, as you obey the call first to follow, your destiny will unfold before you. The difficulty will lie in keeping other concerns from diverting your attention. - Charles Swindoll

Lead me to the cross where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees, Lord; I lay me down
Rid me of myself; I belong to You
Oh, lead me - Brooke Fraser

If life is to have meaning, and if God's will is to be done, all of us have to accept who we are and what we are, give it back to God, and thank Him for the way He made us. What I am is God's gift to me; what I do with it is my gift to Him. - Warren Wiersbe

Be Encouraged to fully yield all that you are and all you have to become all that you were created to be.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2