Do I love God?

Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do. - Psalm 73:23-28 (NLT)

Does the above passage describe the intensity of my relationship with the God of the Bible?


Do I allow God to guide my steps?

Do I desire God more than anything on this earth?

Is God the strength of my heart?

Do I look forward to spending time alone with God every day?

Is the Sovereign Lord my shelter?

Do I tell others about the wonderful things God does in my life?


According to research polls, as many as 90% of people believe in God or a higher power, and 56% believe in the God of the Bible. However, believing in God is not a characteristic of authentic faith. Loving God is.


From Psychology we learn that several behaviors indicate you are in love with someone. Some of theses behaviors are listed below along with a verse describing a person who truly loves God.


You can't stop staring at them.

But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge. - Psalm 141:8a (NIV)


You abandon your usual activities.

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; 

My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You

 in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. - Psalm 63:1 (NKJV)


They can do no wrong.

God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. 

He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. - Psalm 18:30 (NLT)


You feel unusually optimistic.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)


You always think about them.

He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in him, 

whose thoughts often turn to the Lord! - Isaiah 26:3 (Living Bible)


You want them to be happy.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart 

be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. - Psalm 19:14 (NLT)


You want to be close to them.

You will keep on guiding me all my life with your wisdom and counsel, 

and afterward receive me into the glories of heaven! 

But as for me, I get as close to him as I can! 

I have chosen him, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful ways he rescues me. - Psalm 73:24,28 (Living Bible)


One day an expert in the law stood up to test Him. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 
“What is written in the Law?” Jesus replied. “How do you read it?”
He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”
“You have answered correctly,” Jesus said. “Do this and you will live.” - Luke 10:25-28

I Love You, Lord

And I Lift My Voice

To Worship You

Oh, My Soul, Rejoice!

Take Joy My King

In What You Hear

Let It Be A Sweet,

Sweet Sound In Your Ear - Laurie Klein


Be Encouraged to Love God with all you Heart and with all your Soul and with all your Strength and with all your Mind.


-Jeffrey Thornton 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2