Is my life characterized by the fruit of the Spirit?

But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Those who belong to Christ have nailed their natural evil desires to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit's power, let us follow the Holy Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. - Galatians 5:22-25

At the point of salvation, the Holy Spirit enters our life and begins the work conforming us to the image of Christ by replacing the works of our sinful nature with the fruit of the Spirit. The life of a true Christ-follower, a person indwelt by the Holy Spirit, is characterized by the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in increasing quantities. As we yield to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to help us identify and replace the old sin nature habits with His fruit, we are conformed to the likeness of Christ through sanctification. If the Holy Spirit indeed indwells a person, it will be evidenced by this fruit in increasing quantities as sanctification continues.

Love - a selfless act of the will, not based on others' actions that would result in the Son of God choosing to leave heaven and come to earth to die on the cross for the sins of the world. 

Do I offer selfless love to others?

Joy - confidence in knowing that the Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Sovereign, Immutable God of all creation, who knows me intimately, will not allow anything to touch my life that is not for my good and His glory.

Do I communicate joy despite my circumstances?

Peace - an unwavering supernatural calm, a total absence of worry, when the overwhelming challenges of life encompass me regardless of how much control I may have over the situation.

Am I consumed with peace amid life's chaos?

Patience - a quietness of Spirit that allows one not to escalate a situation based on their feelings or emotions, exhibit a unique desire to understand the concerns of others better, and to wait on God for His timing.

Is my first response patience with God and others?

And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw and knelt and prayed, saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done." And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. - Luke 22:41-43 (ESV)

Be Encouraged to allow the Holy Spirit unhindered access to your heart to execute His will.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2