Am I mindful of the Presence of God?

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. - Psalm 139:7-12 (NIV)

Wherever we are, God is here. There is no place, there can be no place, where He is not. God is here. No one is in the mere distance any further from or any nearer to God than any other person.

The Presence of God and the manifestation of the Presence of God are not the same. There can be one without the other. God is here when we are wholly unaware of it. He is manifest only when and as we are aware of His presence. On our part, there must be surrender to the Spirit of God, for His work is to show us the Father and the Son. If we cooperate with Him in loving obedience, God will manifest Himself to us, and that manifestation will be the difference between a nominal Christian life and a life radiant with the light of His face. Our pursuit of God is successful just because He is forever seeking to manifest Himself to us.

O God and Father, I repent of my sinful preoccupation with visible things. The world has been too much with me. Thou hast been here, and I knew not. I have been blind to Thy presence. Open my eyes that I may behold Thee in and around me. Amen.
-Excerpts from "The Pursuit of God" by AW Tozer.

Open my eyes that I may see
glimpses of truth thou hast for me.
Place in my hands the wonderful key
that shall unclasp and set me free.
Silently now I wait for thee,
ready, my God, thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit divine! - Clara Scott

So give yourselves humbly to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. And when you draw close to God, God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and let your hearts be filled with God alone to make them pure and true to him. - James 4:7-8 (Living Bible)

Be Encouraged to give yourself humbly to God each day through prayer and the study of His Word. 

-Jeffrey Thornton 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2