How big is your God?

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take up the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will take hold of me. If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night,” even darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You. - Psalm 139:7-12 (NASB)

While in this world, we are confined by time, space, and physical laws as established by our Creator. God, however, is not limited by the constraints He has incorporated into His creation.

God fills heaven and earth just as the ocean fills a bucket that has been submerged a mile down. The bucket is full of the ocean, but the ocean surrounds the bucket in all directions. So when God says, "I fill heaven and earth," He does, and heaven and earth is submerged in God as well. He further says that the heaven of heavens cannot contain God. You see, God is not contained; God contains, and there is a difference. - AW Tozer 

Don't reject it because you cannot understand it. - John Wesley

We have this habit of trying to put God into our life. We have our own little boundaries, and we think God should fit into them. That is contrary to the very nature of God. Nobody can contain God; therefore, nobody can control God; and therefore, God does not do the bidding of any person. 

God is busy performing His purpose and will.
Our will should be His will!

Thou, my everlasting portion,
More than friend or life to me;
All along my pilgrim journey,
Savior, let me walk with Thee.

Not for ease or worldly pleasure,
Nor for fame my prayer shall be;
Gladly will I toil and suffer,
Only let me walk with Thee.

Close to Thee, Close to Thee,
Close to Thee, Close to Thee;
All along my pilgrim journey,
Savior, let me walk with Thee. - Fanny Crosby 

Be Encouraged to align with God through the reading of His Word and prayer every day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2