What is my role in sanctification?

This is His commandment that we believe [with personal faith and confident trust] in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and [that we unselfishly] love and seek the best for one another, just as He commanded us. The one who habitually keeps His commandments [obeying His word and following His precepts, abides and] remains in Him and He in him. By this, we know and have the proof that He [really] abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us [as a gift]. - 1 John 3:23-24 (Amplified Bible)

1. Faith

...that we believe [with personal faith and confident trust] in the name of His Son Jesus Christ...

Is my faith in Jesus Christ like a parachute used only in times of an emergency, or is it like oxygen to my physical body in that I cannot execute life or take the next step without it?

2. Love

...and [that we unselfishly] love and seek the best for one another...

Do I unselfishly love and seek the best for others?

3. Obedience

The one who habitually keeps His commandments [obeying His word and following His precepts, abides and] remains in Him...

Is my obedience to God's Word based on convenience, or is it seamlessly woven into the fabric of my daily life?

These three actions comprise the foundation of true spirituality in the Christ-follower's life. A proper belief in Jesus produces obedience to His commands and obedience issues in love for God and fellow believers. When these three operate in concert together, they result in happiness, holiness, and assurance. They constitute the evidence, the litmus test, of a true Christ-follower.

Be Encouraged to read the book of 1 John every day for the next 30 days to re-energize the sanctification process in your life.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2