How will I know if I am living by faith?

How will I know if I am living by faith?

Living a life of faith emanates from a heart that understands that; all I am, all I have, and all that I aspire to be, are gifts from the Creator of the Universe. It is by His grace, mercy, and power alone that I will achieve anything of eternal value in this life. There is nothing that I have done or will do to earn the grace, mercy, and power that the Sovereign God has chosen to bestow upon my life. As such, my response to that undeserved gift is to present my life as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is my spiritual service of worship. Before justification and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit, the unregenerate heart is unable to understand or execute life in this way. Therefore, it is only through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit that a true Christ-follower can achieve a life of faith that is acceptable to God.

To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will consider you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you, and you in Him, in accordance with the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 (NASB)

Whoever speaks is to do so as one who is speaking actual words of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. - 1 Peter 4:11

And without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for the One who comes to God must believe that He exists and that He proves to be One who rewards those who seek Him. - Hebrews 11:6 (NASB)

With that understanding, the following are three characteristics of a life lived in faith and acceptable to God.

1) Aligned with the Word of God

Whoever speaks is to do so as one who is speaking actual words of God. - 1 Peter 4:11

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. - Psalm 119:105 (NASB)

The Word of God is the ultimate source of truth, wisdom and knowledge and provides the illumination to take the next step of faith on the path that the Sovereign God has prepared for your life. Therefore, any action that will be pleasing to God must be in alignment with His Word.

Is what I am doing in alignment with God's Word?

2) Executed in the Power of God

Whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies. - 1 Peter 4:11

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)

Am I genuinely relying on the power of God to execute life, or am I working in my strength?

3) Accomplished for the Glory of God

So that in all things, God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. - 1 Peter 4:11

Whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. - Colossians 3:17 (NASB)

Is my heart's intent to glorify God in all that I do or to get what I desire?

Be Encouraged to live a life faithfully yielded to the Holy Spirit.

- Jeffrey Thornton 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2