What does it mean to be justified?

I have been crucified with Christ [that is, in Him, I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith [by adhering to, relying on, and completely trusting] in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. - Galatians 2:20 (Amplified Bible)

I have been crucified with Christ...

Justification begins with acknowledging that you are a sinner, genuinely repenting of your sin and accepting by faith the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, the only perfect, sinless sacrifice, for the payment of your sins, past, present, and future. In that instant, you spiritually participate with Christ in His crucifixion, and the righteousness of Christ is imputed to you so that you can stand before God without sin.


But didn't he earn his right to heaven by all the good things he did? No, for being saved is a gift; if a person could earn it by being good, then it wouldn't be free—but it is! It is given to those who do not work for it. For God declares sinners to be good in his sight if they have faith in Christ to save them from God's wrath. - Romans 4:4-5 (Living Bible)


It is no longer I who lives...

Instead of continuing to be led by the sinful nature I was born with, the process of justification is a complete change in direction, a 180-degree turn, from following my sin nature to yielding fully to the Holy Spirit who will guide me into God's will for my life. That means the death of me, my way, my wants, my will, my wisdom, my works, my ideas, etc., and the full yielding to the Holy Spirit's promptings.


Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good—crucified. - Galatians 5:24 (The Message)


Christ lives in me...

At the instant of justification, you experience the entrance of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, a transition of power from me to Christ, and an ever-increasing desire to execute His will for your life.


But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, in your hearts, so that you don't need anyone to teach you what is right. For he teaches you all things, and he is the Truth, and no liar; and so, just as he has said, you must live in Christ, never to depart from him. - 1 John 2:27 (Living Bible)


You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary. - Jonathan Edwards


Be Encouraged to die to self and live in Christ.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2