How can I stand justified before God?

Even in his own land and among his own people, the Jews, he was not accepted. Only a few would welcome and receive him. But to all who received him, he gave the right to become children of God. All they needed to do was to trust him to save them. All those who believe this are reborn!—not a physical rebirth resulting from human passion or plan—but from the will of God. - John 1:11-13 (Living Bible)

Can you point to a specific time in your life where you knelt before the Creator of heaven and earth and...

Confessed that you were a sinner,
Expressed heartfelt remorse for your sin,
Acknowledged Jesus Christ's death on the cross as the only acceptable payment for your sin,
Yielded full control of your life to execute His will,
Thanked Him for His ultimate sacrifice that provided imputed righteousness to allow you to stand sinless before Holy God,
Received the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit into your life to guide you in the execution of His will.

Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." - John 10:25-30 (ESV)

There is no stronger passage in the Bible for the absolute, eternal security of every true Christian. It makes clear that the Father ultimately stands behind the sheep's security, for no one is able to steal from God, who is in sovereign control of all things.

I know not why God's wondrous grace
to me is daily shown,
nor why, with mercy, Christ in love
redeemed me for his own.

I know not how this saving faith
to me, he did impart,
nor how believing in his Word
wrought peace within my heart.

I know not how the Spirit moves,
convincing us of sin,
revealing Jesus through the Word,
creating faith in him.

I know not when my Lord may come,
at night or noon-day fair,
nor if I'll walk the vale with him,
or meet him in the air.

But I know whom I have believed
and am persuaded that he is able
to keep that which I've committed
unto him against that day. - DW Whittle

Be Encouraged to initiate the journey of faith through justification.

-Jeffrey Thornton 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2