How will I know that I am walking with God?

Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, take pleasure in Him]; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit [your graciousness, unselfishness, mercy, tolerance, and patience] be known to all people. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours]. - Philippians 4:4-7 (Amplified Bible)

God + me in alignment with God = Peace + Contentment

God + me NOT in alignment with God = worry, fear, anger, resentment, anxiety, bitterness, unforgiveness, discouragement...

In this life, there will be adversity and suffering. Some self-inflicted, some not. It is the result of living in a fallen world, a world that is not our home. Since our human nature seeks to be in control, we desire, or demand, to know the cause and rationale for the unpleasantness that has entered our lives. In short, we want answers, and we want them now! In effect, we are saying, God, it is clear this one slipped by you, and you need to fix this now to secure my happiness. This must sound quite toddler-esque to God.

However, it is not your Creator's responsibility to "get on board" with your happiness. It is the responsibility of the created to "get on board" with the Sovereign, Immutable God of all creation, who formed you in your mother's womb and wrote all the days that were ordained for you before you had lived even one. (Psalm 139:13-16)

I must surrender my fascination with myself to a more worthy preoccupation with the character and purposes of God. I am not the point. He is. I exist for Him. He does not exist for me. - Dr. Larry Crabb, Finding God

When we are in alignment with God, we will accept adversity with peace and contentment, knowing that the Sovereign, Immutable God of all creation will not allow anything to touch His child that is not for their good and His glory.

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. - Philippians 4:11b (KJV)

Adversity is a bridge to a closer relationship with God. - Charles Stanley

God is too good to be unkind, and He is too wise to be mistaken. And when we cannot trace His hand, we must trust His heart. - Charles Spurgeon

When peace like a river attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll,

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,

It is well, it is well with my soul. - Horatio Stafford

Be Encouraged to align fully with the character and purposes of God.

-Jeffrey Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2