Am I walking with God?

But without faith, it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him. - Hebrews 11:6 (Amplified Bible)

There are only two paths in this life. 

Mine and God's.

The two paths are as distinctly different as east and west.

To illustrate this point, we can look at two individuals in the lineage of Adam. 

Enoch, who was seventh in line from Adam through Seth, walked with God and never experienced death as he was taken directly to heaven. 

Lamech, who was seventh in line from Adam through Cain (who murdered his brother Able and was sentenced by God to be a "restless wanderer on the earth"), was the first recorded polygamist in history. 

Clearly, two distinctively different paths. One controlled by God, and one controlled by self. To walk with God requires death to self.

I have been crucified with Christ [that is, in Him, I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith [by adhering to, relying on, and completely trusting] in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. - Galatians 2:20 (Amplified Bible)

Have I been crucified with Christ to the point of giving up full control of all areas of my life?

Am I merely living, or am I walking with God?

How completely satisfying to turn from our limitations to a God who has none. Eternal years lie in His heart. For Him, time does not pass. It remains, and those who are in Christ share with Him all the riches of limitless time and endless years. God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which He must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves. For those out of Christ, time is a devouring beast. - A.W. Tozier

Be Encouraged to ask God to identify those areas of your life for which you need to relinquish control. 

-Jeff Thornton 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is my hope in the Lord?

Is God's peace guarding my heart?

Am I praising God? - Part2